Background

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Dueling Darlings

Here it is the 15th of the month which means it is time again for another Dueling Darlings Challenge.  This month Paola and Heather came up with the theme.  The theme this month is "Midsummer Night's Dream".  Which is you are not familiar with the play, it follows the adventures of four young lovers who are manipulated and controlled by the fairies who inhabit the forest in which the play is set. 


The stamp is from Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps called Lillian the fairy which was stamped on Neenah Classic Crest 80 lb paper using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.  The background paper is from Graphic 45.  After I colored the image with my copic markers, I then went over her wings with Crystal Stickles.


Be sure and check out what some of my team mates came up with.

Darlene ** The World According to Bijou
Debbie ** The Ink Igloo
Jeanette ** Cre8tive Play: It's Cheaper than Therapy
Paola ** blog That's Amore! (SAMA - Homemade Cards, Rubber Stamp Art, & Paper Crafts - Splitcoaststampers.com Please check her gallery!
Shelly ** My creative rumblings
Terry A ** For now, here's her gallery: Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - PurplePansy26 - Handmade Cards & Crafts
Terry L ** It's Totally Terry

8 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tracie, your card is very pretty! Love the way you added the awesome die to the design.

terry serman said...

Very pretty...the blue bling looks great with the dsp!

Carol W said...

This is a beautiful card Tracie. I love the colors and the way you used your kit. Awesome job on this challenge.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very cool card design- love the fairy you used too! The rhinestones are a great way to seperate the sides of the panels. The dies are awesome!

HeatherB said...

Tracie, this is breathtaking!!!! So lovely!!!

Barb said...

Tracie--this card is stunning! I really like the image you picked!

dweatter said...

Wow! The image and the die cut fairy all on the front! Nicely, done. Love your layout. Looks like you used just about everything from the kit. That is great! I need to get better at that.

:: BlueInks :: said...

Look at those pretty wings you colored! Oh and the perfect die cut. This card turned out great!

Creative Crew

 I am so late in posting this card.  I have been sick for several days and just now getting some of my energy back.  I did want to post my c...