Background

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Dueling Darlings Challenge


It is the 15th and that means that it is time for the Dueling Darlings Challenge.  Today Terry came up with this adorable image.


I used the following to make my card:

Image and Sentiment: Heartily Yours - GinaK Designs

Paper: Months Stack (hearts) - DCWV, Blush Red - Core'dinations, Black - The Paper Studio

Embellishments: Red Gems, White pearls - The Paper Studio, White Ribbon - Michaels


Be sure and check out what some of my team mates came up with.

Darlene ** The World According to Bijou
Debbie ** The Ink Igloo
Jeanette ** Cre8tive Play: It's Cheaper than Therapy
Paola ** blog That's Amore! (SAMA - Homemade Cards, Rubber Stamp Art, & Paper Crafts - Splitcoaststampers.com Please check her gallery!
Shelly ** My creative rumblings
Terry A ** For now, here's her gallery: Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - PurplePansy26 - Handmade Cards & Crafts
Terry L ** It's Totally Terry

Thanks Terry for a great challenge. 

11 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Oh Tracie, your cards are always a sensation as your coloring is so spot on! This one no exception - I could stare at that wishing well all day! LOVE-ly card!

Happy 1st duel of 2017!

Terry Ladwig said...

Love the fussy cut wishing well and how you used the punch for the sentiment! Great card :-)

terry serman said...

Tracie...very sweet card! Your coloring is awesome

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this wonderful take on our kit this month- the colors blend so beautifully together! Very nice layout as well Great 'dueling' this month!!!

Darlene LeTavec said...

My oh my! What a great card! Expert cutting of the image, just the right amount of white boarder to highlight it perfectly. Love the extra touches, the red twine bow, the label cut for the sentiment, setting it on top of a black oval is brilliant. I can learn a lot from you!

Barb said...

What a pretty card--I love the colors and your embellishments are great!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Your fussy cutting is way good! Love the colors and highlighting in the grass. Great card!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tracie, your card is so pretty. I love the way you added the cording to the ribbon. Fun design!

Terry Andress said...

I love how you cut the image out and placed it on the black CS! It really makes it pop! Beautiful card! A great start to 2017!

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

Hi Tracie!

This is a beautiful card - I Love the image diecut like that!

XOXO LJ

Unknown said...

Such a cute card Tracie...
Wonderful touch on the perfectly
cut out image....well done!

Challenge Your Stash

Today I am posting a card I made for our challenge on Splitcoast Stampers Create from Your Stash.  Our hostess this month was  Lisa and she ...