Background

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Quilt Birthday Card

Today I am posting a birthday card for a co-worker whose birthday is coming up.  She used to own a quilt store so I thought the perfect card for her would be this card.  I originally got the idea for the card HERE.  I have always loved quilts.  It is amazing that I like the same fabrics as papers that I buy.  They all seem to have the same ideas in their designs.

I started with 7/8 inch squares and pieced together.  What really made this card was the embossing.  I thought it looked like it had been quilted.  The sentiment is from PTI Happy Birthday set.

2 comments:

Imke said...

It looks so beautiful, Tracie ! I have to check out this technique.

Vickie Y said...

Wow! This is definitely a Tracie card! I love the look of the pieced quilt. Gorgeous card.

Challenge Your Stash

Today I am posting a card I made for our challenge on Splitcoast Stampers Create from Your Stash.  Our hostess this month was  Lisa and she ...