Background

Saturday, August 13, 2011

2012 Calendar

It has been a while since I have posted anything on my blog. Well when you see this project, you will know why. I love making calendars for gifts and decided to make one for a friend. I got the template for the calendars at Cat's Creations. She is so nice to offer these templates for free. I used the stampable CD 6 x 6 template. I went to Michaels and purchased a 4 x 6 acrylic frame.
I used the Year of Flowers Collection Stamp Set from Papertrey Ink and sat down one evening and started coloring in with my copics. I started with August so my friend could start using it now.
You will see my theme is flowers and butterflies. For September I used a Martha Stewart Butterfly punch. The border for September is also PTI. For October I used some of the Nestability shapes that I had on hand. The butterfly is from PTI.
The papers are all from a 6 x 6 Stella Rose pad. Loved these colors and they seemed to go so well with my coloring. I used a Stampin Up butterfly set for November and December.
For January I used a stamp and punch from SU and for February I used a single Butterfly stamp I had and heat embossed with black. I colored in with my copics.
I think March and April were my favorite months. March - because the yellow just pops and April because I love the Sweet peas and the peach color. The border is a Martha Stewart Punch.
For May I used a butterfly stamp from Stampin Up and a cute border punch that I purchased at Michaels. For June I used the butterfly die from Stamp Up as my background.
And to finalize my set, I used another SU stamp for the butterfly and some nestabilities for my flower set.

Well this was my project for the week. I hope you enjoy. Hopefully I will make one for myself one of these days.

3 comments:

Oliva said...

Hi Tracy! These calendars are gorgeous! Thank you so much for the free link.

Imke said...

Tracie, your calender is so lovely. Great idea to use the Year of Flowers Collection. Maybe i case your idea ;-)

Donelda said...

wow, what a lot of work you have put into these calendar pages ... and such a great result!!

Challenge Your Stash

Today I am posting a card I made for our challenge on Splitcoast Stampers Create from Your Stash.  Our hostess this month was  Lisa and she ...